Merryn Crawford Consulting works with groups of all sizes to identify organisational or staff-related problems and issues, and then assists them to focus their energies on establishing goals and strategies to reach their desired outcomes.
Merryn's approach observes and manages conflict and tensions within the group. It ensures contribution and ownership by all participants to both the solutions and outcomes. She is highly experienced in a range of facilitation methodologies
Merryn has worked with groups and teams for over 15 years to assist in developing their team skills and working relationships. When working with teams she considers the factors necessary for a positive team climate which research indicates is the most significant driver in team morale and performance. She employs a diagnostic phase with key stakeholders to determine the significant issues and concerns and designs a workshop to address these. The content in the team development workshops can include identifying mutual goals, expectations, effective communication, problem solving skills, trust, and optimising the strengths and weaknesses of each team member. A number of team-building tools such as Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and DISC are utilised to develop understanding of individual preferences and team dynamics.
Executive and Managerial Coaching
Merryn Crawford Consulting provides one-on-one and small group coaching to all levels in organisations, and the coaching can encompass a variety of work goals including the following:
- Performance coaching: assists people to identify blockages and problems in order to improve overall performance
- Skills coaching: assists people with specific skill/behaviour development to enhance relationships such as assertiveness and other aspects of effective communication.
- Career coaching: supports the exploration of career paths and associated issues for overall wellbeing and achieving personal goals
- Strategic coaching: explores the corporate direction and the managers congruence with the corporate vision.
Merryn Crawford is accredited with the Australian Institute of Executive Coaching and a member of the International Coaching Federation.
Leadership and Personal Development Programs
Merryn specialises in designing and delivering a wide range of programs for leadership and personal development. The design and delivery of these programs are based on proven adult learning models with challenging participatory methods. She prefers to facilitate the sharing of knowledge and learning, exploring issues and problem solving using a range of activities including:
- Commitment to adult learning principles
- Experiential learning activities to actively engage participants
- Use of relevant case studies and skills practice sessions
- Facilitation methods consisting of a range of techniques tailored to the preferences expressed within the groups
- large Group, small group and individual activities
- Opportunities to reflect on the day’s activities and content
- Action planning for application of the learning to the workplace
Merryn Crawford Consulting offers a range of these programs including in the areas of:
- Emotional intelligence
- Communication skills
- Conflict resolution
- Work organisation and efficiency skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Customer Service Skills